endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Operations Technical Trainer
The Technical Training is the Melter Operating Technician and Trainer. This incumbent will support the development and lead new operator trainings, collaborate with plant employees and MAGMA team to ensure alignment and knowledge transfer.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
MCS, computers, batch mixing and weighing equipment, feeders, gloves and protective gear, broom, shovel, furnaces, small scales, microscope, micrometer, color spectrometer, cooling and combustion blower and optical gun, optimeter. Equipment may change depending on future needs.
- Lead installation checks and training on the Melter
- Conduct hands on training to plant operation teams
- Verify training completion and evaluate trainee competencies
- Coordinating training schedules of identified stakeholders
- Initial point of contact for anything melter and/or training related
- Safety and Operation orientation
- Owner of training matrix
- Continuous Improvement
- Energy reduction (optimizing operation)
- KPI focused improvements
- Lessons learned reporting
- Serving as a business change agent leading installation, startup, improvement initiatives, provide process redesign ideas and activities/projects that enable the organization to reach the next level of world class operations
- Lead Melter Operator during and after immediate melter startup including:
- Batch Handling and Mixing Equipment
- Melter control equipment
- Maintains glass levels and temperature
- Records a log of furnace operations
- In charge of quality checks during testing phase
- All other work requirements that may be inherent to the job
- The Replication Melter Training role will be responsible for traveling to targeted plants to support melter installment and operations. This incumbent will also be responsible for full training of all Melter Operator employees at location.
- 5+ years manufacturing or production experience
- Experience conducting hands on training in manufacturing or production setting
- MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) intermediate skills, required
- Strong decision making and judgement skills
- Strong communication skills
- 5+ years of Furnace Operator experience
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS) certification or other process/continuous improvement skill
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Significant travel and time away from home location is required. This incumbent will be expected to be on-site at installation location to ensure plant location Melter Operators are fully trained and capable of running furnace without support of Furnace Training Specialist. Amount of time may vary depending on location and need.
- Travel 60%, both domestic and international