We are helping our nuclear manufacturing client automate its manufacturing and quality processes and need an experienced manufacturing process engineer to guide the first phase. The process assessment and design phase is a 6-month effort leading up to construction and site validation this fall. The Process Engineering Consultant will work with client resources and automation vendors to review and assess manual As-Is processes for handling pelletized nuclear material. Upon assessment, the consultant will facilitate requirements gathering, workshops, and design session to develop and document a To-Be process. The effort includes collaborating with current process owners to envision the automated process and its integration to the overall manufacturing process.
- Multiple manufacturing business process and design project experiences in a lead position. Nuclear manufacturing and regulated environments (e.g., pharmaceutical) strongly desired.
- Significant hands-on and consulting experience in manufacturing facilities.
- Excellent communication and workshop facilitation skills to gather requirements and design to-be processes.
- Understanding of engineering and process documentation to review existing and identify gaps to meet new process requirements.
- Detailed process documentation skills. Audit existing and update or develop new documentation.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple functional resources and teams, including external automation vendor resources.
This position is expected to be onsite in the Columbia, SC/Charlotte, NC area 4-5 days per week. The project commences in late March/early April and runs through October.