Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for Manufacturing Process Engineer.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Bourne End Business Park, Bourne End, Wooburn Green, SL8 5AS
CAD/CAM programmer working as part of a growing engineering team a in modern office environment supporting engineering efforts across Magellan Europe and India.
Magellan Aerospace offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- NC Programming of aluminium and titanium aero-structure parts using Catia V5
- 3,4 and 5 axis CNC milling - offline programming
- Fixture design using Catia V5
- Working on NPI as well as optimizing legacy engineering processes
- Creating, reading and interpreting technical drawings and documentation
- Interpreting inspection and CMM reports
- Working to plans and pre-agreed deadlines
- Identifying best machining practices and cutting tool selection
- Diligent approach to ensuring quality CNC output
- Attending tape prove (machining of parts) and problem solving when required
- Keeping up to date with industry developments especially in high speed/high performance machining
- Knowledge of Siemens and/or Fanuc CNC language
- SOP creation or other supporting documents such as shop floor documents
- Follow company 6S requirements
- Some travel within UK and Europe (limited amount)
- Be commercially aware of requirements in relation to engineering outputs
- Any other duties commensurate with relevant job position
- HND or similar although not essential dependant on experience
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role
- CAD/CAM experience – Catia, NX or MasterCam preferred, others considered – Training provided
- CNC Programming of 3,4 and 5 axis machining centers
- Vericut knowledge beneficial – Training provided
- MS Office
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Able to work in a team
- ‘Can do’ attitude
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team! Manufacturing Process Engineer Manufacturing Process Engineer Manufacturing Process Engineer Manufacturing Process Engineer Manufacturing Process Engineer Manufacturing Process Engineer Manufacturing Process Engineer Manufacturing Process Engineer