Our client, located in Wilson, NC, has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Plant Manager.Job Description:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Leads the plant safety initiatives through the participation and development of safety training programs, plant safety meetings, safety audits and by encouraging employee involvement through safety suggestion and recognition programs.
- Leads the plant quality initiatives through the implementation of corrective actions from customer or internal complaints, coordinating new product qualifications, and participating in internal and external quality system audits and developing and implementing corrective action plans.
- Responsible for the selection, training, growth and development of shift and staff personnel to attain organizational goals
- Reviews operating statements for all departments and directs manufacturing operations so that all plant costs are within budgetary standards.
- Develops and maintains sound relations with customers and works with them to identify systems improvements and possible supply chain cost reductions.
- Ensures continuous improvement plans are developed and implemented to ensure short and long range goals are in process.
- Oversees the production planning process to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Maintains contact with sales department and customer service to effectively meet and maximize utilization of plant facilities.
- Act as the Plant’s Project Manager on new initiatives involving equipment and molds.
- Participates in monthly, quarterly and year-end physical inventories in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of plants strategic and tactical plans that provided the needed focus and drive to achieve the plant and overall company objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement plans using Operation Excellence tools across cross functional departments.
- Promote an open door and team building environment policy.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
For consideration submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or related plant management experience; or equivalent combination of education and related plant management experience is required. A minimum of five years’ experience in an operations supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.