Manufacturing Operations Manager
Our client, an international manufacturer located in the Fayetteville, NC area, has an immediate opening for an experienced Manufacturing Operations Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, and quality; resolve problems; complete audits
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to equipment quality, or accidents and mishaps on-site.
- Communicate customer issues with manufacturing team and devise ways of improving, including resolving problems and complaints
- Work with the team to perform analysis and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, and maintaining solid inventory data
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Ensures that manufacturing has the talent to meet business requirements. Completes regular talent assessments and takes action to address gaps. Provides performance management to help reports improve leadership capabilities and provide accountability. Assures that discipline and other corrective actions are handled effectively and fairly. Assures that company policies are followed
- Actively manages talent and organizational structure to meet customer and business needs
- Maintains a fully engaged and motivated work force in his/her areas to ensure that plant goals and objectives are achieved
- Lean leader for areas under his/her responsibility.
- Chief advocate for the customer ensuring the highest quality products and service to our customers; setting up processes inside the factory to focus on the customer
- Owner of Quality at the site with a relentless pursuit of zero defects
- Leads by example working with his/her teams to implement all Corporate Standards and provide action plans to ensure proper implementation
- Motivates and coaches his/her team to identify opportunities during Gemba Walks in order to eliminate/decrease waste
- This position deals directly with all discipline necessary to ensure meeting customer requirements as specified
- Budget – ensures predetermined budgets are met for KPI’s. Participates in the preparation of the site Annual Operating Plan linking business goals, productivity targets, resource and capital plans.
- Identifies the gaps and areas of focus to make certain that budgets are met and the Operations Department is profitable
- EHS – working with the EHS and other plant leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, engineering, or other technical area preferred
- Advanced technical or business degree a plus
- 5 to 10 years progressive related experience at a management level on different disciplines or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience to perform the requirements of the position.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a hands-on Operations Manager in an industrial manufacturing facility. Experience in the metals industry. Good operational background with CNC Machinery
- Demonstrated history of leading change and continuous improvement in factories to achieve customer and business goals
- Strongly demonstrated general management skills including team building, JIT process based manufacturing, cost management, material/logistics, forecasting and planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, quality management, strong customer relationship background and attitude.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including Environment, Safety & Health, Industrial Relations, accounting principles, and supply contract administratio
- In depth knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Kaizen (certification desired)
Relocation is available
For consideration submit resume to email@example.com
Click here to apply online