Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill is a world-class manufacturer of precision machined aerospace components. We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager with a strong manufacturing/aerospace engineering background. The successful incumbent will be responsible for all manufacturing operations and personnel including scheduling, production, maintenance, productivity, quality, and safety. Key responsibilities include delivering to the company production plan, leadership of all manufacturing activities in a safe and efficient manner, and improving productivity through continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of manufacturing activities to achieve production schedules, budgeted operating profit, and working capital targets.
- Oversee plant operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources
- Coordinate resource planning (personnel, materials, equipment and training) to ensure the company objectives are met, including daily delivery and productivity goals.
- Manage/optimize supply chain, procurement, planning, demand management, master scheduling, shipping/receiving, and warehousing/logistics.
- Manage facilities and maintenance activities and assure compliance with regulatory requirements (city and OSHA), company policies and procedures, and take an active role in safety awareness and accident prevention.
- Drive efficiencies through reduced cycle time, waste reduction, and continuous improvement.
- Proactively identify potential business issues and/or constraints, develop risk mitigation plans, and escalate, as appropriate.
- Provide motivational leadership and communication to all team associates to ensure understanding and attainment of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory performance objectives.
- Ensure the operation complies with all company policies including MOS (Magellan Operating System)
- BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing / Technology, or equivalent is an asset
- MS and/or MBA preferred
- 5 - 10 years shop floor, operations leadership / supervisory experience in a multi-functional manufacturing environment.
- Machining and fabrication experience is a strong asset
- Working knowledge and advanced training in Lean manufacturing concepts and techniques with significant exposure to Visual Management.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, budgeting and cost management, and metric/KPI development.
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities, business acumen, professional judgement, strategic agility, and teambuilding skill
- Ability to identify and address both near term and long term needs of the business
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Great communication skills
- High sense of urgency, and capable of multi-tasking
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)