Manufacturing Operations Leader
An established Saskatchewan based equipment manufacturer seeks to hire a Manufacturing Operations Leader (basically an Assistant General Manager), specifically for their manufacturing division. Reporting directly to the Division's General Manager you will utilize your strong business acumen to contribute to the successful achievement of the organization's sales goals. Your success will be demonstrated in your independent thinking, operational confidence and clear communication skills with all internal departments and customers. In addition, you will establish objectives (business and personal) and support staff through monitoring, coaching, training, etc to ensure objectives are achieved.
You will have overall responsibility for KPI achievements and the management of Engineering, product development, supply chain, production scheduling. You will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Finance and HR. What will you do?.
To be considered:
- Manage plant production; oversee, lead and coach supervisors and plant staff to achieve KPI’s
- Work with the product development team to develop and implement 3-4 new projects/year
- Meet regularly with GM to provide updates on current and potential new projects
- Create project management charts for tracking and monitoring performance against KPI's
- Participate in Marketing initiatives
- Become the 'go-to' Leader for day-to-day operational questions
- Technical training of Engineering and Product Development team
- Assist with HR & Accounting
- Attend industry trade shows and conferences
- Perform other tasks as assigned by GM
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or similar discipline
- P.Eng designation ideal but not essential
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in Engineering/Product Development, plant management
- Competent knowledge enabling software like MS Office, Solidworks, MS Project
- Oversee and Coordinate projects from cradle to grave.
- Proven ability to organize and multitask with minimal supervision
- Assist in the creation of budgets
- Effective, clear, and efficient communication skills to inspire confidence from supervisors, peers and subordinates
- Experience and or training in workforce diversity and cultural sensitivity
Our client is committed to the long-term development of your career in the field of operational and general management. They offer competitive compensation and a benefits package to qualified candidates who share their vision for company growth. Internal career progression opportunities exist within their multiple divisions.
Click here to apply online
This full-time position is based in Southern Saskatchewan- full details regarding the client, remuneration package, etc. will be shared with those who meet the requirements outlined. NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada cannot be retained in our database.
To apply for this position click 'apply' and follow the self-serve application process. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. APPLY NOW! Alternatively, contact Randy @ 1.306.700.5151 to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!