Location: Holdrege, NE 68949
Reports directly to the Holdrege Plant Manager. This position is responsible for the core manufacturing operations of the Holdrege plant, which includes the guidance and direction of manufacturing and selected support groups. Coordinates the plant operational activities to ensure the safety of associates, high product quality standards and production schedules are met so that the P&L is positively managed at or below budgeted cost to established specifications
- Influences positive change and improvements through meaningful, effective communication with all levels of the plant and corporate Diabetes Care personnel.
- Responsible for the professional development of key leaders in the facility.
- Develops and executes manufacturing strategy delivering on committed financial performance.
- Through direct personal involvement, establishes Holdrege as a safe place to work Provides leadership alignment and direction for the plant at multiple levels:
- Maintains high performance standards for the execution of planned operations and initiatives, setting the tone for performance & culture that is in line with Holdrege goals.
- Drives and models a culture of continuous improvement and high quality.
- Develops individuals and leaders to grow organizational & personal capability
- Builds strong interactive working and strategic relationships with Franklin Lakes personnel as well as with Holdrege associates.
- Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Provides effective leadership in teamwork development, effective communication and quick responses to internal & external stakeholders.
- Selects and implements the best measures/metrics for Holdrege performance and customer satisfaction.
- Coaches, consults and facilitates leaders, individuals and teams to achieve higher levels of performance and impact.
- As an active member of the Leadership Team drives for shared results to meet our plant goals, culture, etc.
- Travel, as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, Science or related subject required; MBA desired.
- 5+ years of experience delivering results for a large business (400+ associates).
- Must have proven track record managing a business or sub-unit of a very large business.
- A strong record of selecting and developing competent professional staff, who are energetic and forward thinking.
- A track record of delivering positive bottom line results.
- A track record of delivering continuous improvement.
- A track record of creating an effective, highly recognized and proactive organization well aligned with business strategy and needs and integrated with line operations.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong practical work experience (6+ years); experience in medical device, food or drug industries preferred.
- Proven record of implementing and operating within data driven management systems.
- Computer proficiency
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations & other medical device regulatory compliance requirements preferred
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement mythologies.
Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectation or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.