Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor.
This is a full-time exempt role where the successful candidate will be expected to direct, coordinate and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Assigns work and coordinates activities of all subordinate employees.
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Instills a culture of technical requirements compliance, to include proper disposition and cause/corrective action analysis on product and process discrepancies.
- Provide support to Business Development on quoting activities.
- Provides guidance or manages the purchase of capital equipment within the Manufacturing realm.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supplier products and processes.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
- Provides technical and process based training as needed within the organization.
- Provides input on drafts of business policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Reviews technical and procedural problems of all departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Confers with other Engineering and production personnel to assist with resolution of any internal or external manufacturing concerns (including: scrap, non-conforming material requiring deviation, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Manages Manufacturing Engineers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts and tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.