Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for Manufacturing Engineering Planner
This position exists to support the manufacturing planning creation & amendments in the Engineering department.
- Permanent Full Time Contract.
- 37.5 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Manufacture new and existing components through the timely creation and maintenance of product definitions with the Bill of Material database giving due regard to economic manufacture, material and subcontract content
- Manufacture new and existing components through the timely creation and maintenance of shop order routings giving due regard to estimated shop hours and customer quality and schedule requirements.
- Manufacture new and existing components through liaison with customer, contracts, technical, and quality representatives on matters concerning concessions, deviations, product definition, tooling, inspection schedule, and corrective actions.
- Manufacture of new and existing components through the creation and maintenance of product definitions within the Bill of Material database
- Securing new business through the analysis of drawings and specifications during the evaluation and estimating phases of customer tenders providing suitable details for inclusion in final submissions as applicable.
- Long term upgrading of departmental skills by providing training to Entry Manufacturing Planners and participation in task teams for introducing new systems or processes including creation of required procedures and instructions.
- Participate in project meetings, make or buy decisions, MRB activities, product improvement recommendations, value analysis studies, task team activities, training sessions and supplier liaison
- Successful completion of a Mechanical Engineering or Technologist Course in a relevant engineering discipline from a recognized College or University or see Experience below
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Time Management
- Process Focused
- Excellent Verbal
- Written Communication Skills
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Systems Oriented
- Analytical and Logical
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!