Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a 12-month fixed term Entry Level Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Planner – Electronics at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a fixed-term Entry Level Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Planner – Electronics at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will include full-time hours (40 hours per week) for a fixed term of approximately 12 months.
- Introducing new electronic components and technologies into production in support of cost effective, high quality products;
- Developing and optimizing manufacturing processes for electronic devices, and preparing detailed process instructions to define the manufacturing processes;
- Working with internal and external contacts on matters concerning product definition, tooling, inspection, scheduling, corrective actions, and continuous improvements;
- Creating and maintaining product definition, tooling, process certification, and shop order routings;
- Responsible for the transfer and release of new products into manufacturing;
- Investigating and dispositioning non-conformances;
- Providing shop floor liaison for resolution of technical matters.
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering Technology;
- Experience in electronic circuit card manufacture and test would be a benefit;
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics of varying degrees of complexity would be a benefit;
- A working knowledge of J-STD-001 would be considered an asset;
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience using CINCOM would be considered an asset.
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are recommended in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.