Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Middletown, Inc. is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. As a key member of our manufacturing team, the successful individual will direct, coordinate and exercise functional authority for planning; organization; control; integration; and completion of engineering projects by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Assigns work and coordinates activities of all subordinate employees.
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Instills a culture of technical requirements compliance, to include proper disposition and cause/corrective action analysis on product and process discrepancies.
- Provide support to Business Development on quoting activities.
- Provides guidance or manages the purchase of capital equipment within the Manufacturing realm.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supplier products and processes.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
- Provides technical and process-based training as needed within the organization.
- Provides input on drafts of business policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Reviews technical and procedural problems of all departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Confers with other Engineering and production personnel to assist with resolution of any internal or external manufacturing concerns (including: scrap, non-conforming material requiring deviation, etc.).
- Manages Manufacturing Engineers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- To perform this job successfully requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Most of time is spent in an office setting, occasional plant environment.
- Each employee must practice safety awareness by thinking defensively, anticipate unsafe situations, report unsafe conditions immediately and comply with all safety regulations.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401K
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.