Manufacturing Engineering Manager
We have a great client in the Stockton, CA area in need of a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate will have a background in a regulated injection molding environment.
Click here to apply online
- Ensure department coordination with tooling, processing, production, quality, facilities, and other multi-functional team members to maintain compliance and maximize operational performance, quality, and availability.
- Relentlessly drive a continuous improvement culture. Lead Kaizen activities to streamline manufacturing and qualification processes to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost through data driven methodologies
- Drive varied troubleshooting of manufacturing issues (e.g., mold vs. process vs. press vs. material vs. metrology)
- Supervise the creation and facilitation of multi-departmental SOP’s and Work Instructions; Provide multi-functional training so others are complaint.
- Lead department engineers, technicians, and associates to execute mold component and manufacturing work-cell replacements, repairs, and re-qualifications to sustain production.
- Work with vendors and corporate engineers to resolve design for manufacture (DFM) issues.
- Utilize and allocates available resources, delegate tasks, assign priorities and lead the team to ensure project success.
- Ensures team completes tasks that support manufacturing operations, such as performing historical data analysis, design, documentation, implementation, and validation of equipment and process changes.
- Ensure proper feedback is provided to tooling and the tool component manufacturers with regards to quality concerns. Communicate and document lessons learned so challenges are not repeated.
- Supervise verification of effectiveness, by way of trials and testing of various improvement activities.
- Supervise tool health and status reports are updated and communicated to partner departments. Oversee and/or review work orders for tool component modifications.
- Time Management of all Projects.
- Manage the team’s ADP timekeeping.
- Lead site troubleshooting and improvement activities including Kaizen, problem-solving, and CAPA projects.
- Acts as liaison with engineering development in releasing new system platforms (NPI) and works closely with quality groups to ensure strict compliance with good engineering practices (GEP), good manufacturing practices [GMP], good documentation practices [GDP], and QSR guidelines.