Manufacturing Engineering Manager – GSE Manufacturer – Swanton, OH
This company manufactures and distributes a diverse range of highly-engineered ground support equipment (GSE) product lines. Their extensive engineering capabilities and customer collaborations have driven innovative solutions that support safe and efficient aircraft ground operations. They occupy an array of aviation industries including OEM and defense. 5 subsidiaries have been acquired within the last several years. With sales and repair centers across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, the company seeks to become the become world’s largest manufacturer of GSE.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will lead a Manufacturing Engineering department in fabrication and production flow. This exempt-level position will be responsible for cross-functional continuous improvement and supporting Business Unit Managers and supervisors in production. Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Drive Continuous Improvement (Lean Mindset) and manage direct reports, following up with departmental guidance as needed
- Facilitate the specification of manufacturing processes and flow lines
- Oversee recommendations of improvements for business unit, value stream machinery, equipment, industrialization and manufacturing methods based on diagnoses of breakdowns and inefficiencies that hinder operational effectiveness
- Manage transfer plans for new products, product upgrades, and engineering changes
- Lead maintenance department in evaluation and documentation of technologies and processes
- Act as a primary resource for cause/effect analyses, and corrective action planning
- Provide training and contribute to hiring process as needed
- Organize work scheduling, team meetings and prepare technical presentations
- S. in Engineering, Operations or Business preferred
- At least 5 years of managerial experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Industrial Product Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Manufacturing Engineering discipline and methods
- Experience with Continuous Experience or Lean experience strongly preferred
- Experience with identifying and implementing cost-savings initiatives preferred
- Experience in a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Project management experience preferred
If interested, please apply directly to this posting.