Responsible for the effective manufacturing engineering and factory leadership of the company's product assembly processes from initial plan through final shipment to the customer.
- Create and provide control plans, build plans, quality control documents, safety requirements, protective personal equipment and packaging/shipment plans per quality process.
- Review order configuration to confirm accurate engineering BOM for assembly.
- Create accurate assembly routing in ERP system for material and resources.
- Schedule and conduct manufacturing review meetings to maintain production schedule.
- Support resolution of manufacturing issues to achieve customer delivery.
- Follow up on designs and material to ensure quality and adherence to delivery schedule is maintained.
- Interface with purchasing regarding supplier equipment selection and initiate purchase requisitions.
- Coordinate validation testing of product and system to design requirements.
- Review deliverables prior to shipment for on-time, complete and accurate delivery to customer.
- Maintain a professional level of engineering document control per quality procedures.
- Act as a liaison between internal Engineers and Manufacturing to implement product ECO and drawing changes.
- Provide feedback to Manufacturing Manager/Supervisors regarding technician productivity, capabilities, and anticipated problems.
- Manage issues and problem solving using quality processes and procedures.
- Provide weekly/daily updates to production team and management.
- Propose and justify tooling and equipment to improve quality and cost down manufacturing processes.
- Reliable, consistent attendance required.
- Maintain leadership through open communication, listening, and earning the confidence and respect of other team members.
- Be resourceful and exhibit well thought approach to resolving the unexpected issues that may occur.
- Develop an understanding of manufacturing and engineering applications while staying abreast of new technology that can be used to improve quality, lower cost and provide targeted results.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of corporate/group functions, activities and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Standard manufacturing assembly/fabrication practices
- Demonstrated competence, or willingness to learn SolidWorks and AutoCAD design
- Understanding of automation
- Ability to operate independently maintaining a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to interact in a professional, ethical and friendly demeanor with all levels of the organization, both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, preferably in Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum three years of production management experience with equipment manufacturing.
- Experience with ISO Quality Systems
- Experience with Resource Planning Systems
- Experience with OSHA Requirements