Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1174714015
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Manufacturing Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Cypress, CA.
This is a long-term contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Act as shop liaison between design engineers and production to ensure products are built to specifications and engineering documents.
- Provide feedback to design engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction and time to manufacture product.
- Prepare engineering change requests as required to support manufacturing and quality of parts produced.
- Identify and, if necessary, design and deploy tooling to aid in production processes.
- Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer and company specification for processes employed in the production of interior products.
- Solve manufacturing issues and communicate solutions to design engineering.
- Establish manufacturing line set up for new products for optimal production with respect to time and cost.
- Provide assistance to production personnel for all facets related to manufacturing of the product.
- Identify and deploy improvements on the shop floor.
- Review 2D drawings for manufacturability.
- Analyze process and product risks.
- BS in Industrial, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Process or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Knowledge of Catia and Smarteam.
- Experience with airworthiness regulations, DFMA, Datum Structures, PFMEA, pull systems, and LEAN tools such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM), 5S, Kanban. Strong problem-solving skills.
- US citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H-1b candidates at this time.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.