This role is responsible for developing and implementing processes and strategies that contribute directly to engineering and manufacturing operations, including programming the operations manufacturing equipment, performing complex calculations, delivering solutions for technical problems, and leading the implementation of recommendations for production improvements. If you enjoy working directly with operations, implementing continuous improvement solutions, and engaging with a team that is committed to being the industry leader for force and motion control products, consider applying to this opportunity.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and coordination of all manufacturing engineering activities and processes, including process improvement, Six-Sigma, cellular manufacturing, tool design and development, plant layout planning and development, and part development.
- Enhance factory productivity, cost reduction, and quality goals through the conception, development and implementation of improved manufacturing processes, equipment, tooling, material flow and product design.
- Resolve issues during manufacturing of equipment and product, including identifying and implementing process controls.
- Analyze and develop plans to improve material utilization, plant layout and machinery efficiency and uptime.
- Perform duties related to the CAD/CAM role, as needed, including producing programs, designs, and training others to effectively use established systems and resources.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend product improvements and specific designs that will meet customer requirements or support the implementation of corrective actions.
- Indirect supervision of manufacturing facility, including but not limited to ensuring manufacturing processes and procedures support corporate safety and housekeeping standards.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
- 7-10 years in a manufacturing engineering role, using of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, 3D CAD software and tooling/fixture design, required. Esprit programming experience preferred.
- Ability to read/understand technical material, engineering drawings, industry standards is required.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details required.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities, manage multiple projects, and meet established deadlines to support customer requirements.
- Strong proactive and responsive communication and customer service skills, both in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels internally and externally to the organization.
- Experience outlining manufacturing processes for parts and assemblies and providing work instruction to manufacturing.
- Lean manufacturing experience required.
- Strong scheduling and organizing skills to complete assigned functions.
- Proficient at reading, analyzing and interpreting customer drawings, specifications, procedures, and standards.
- Proficient with computer systems, including Microsoft Office.
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline