Title: Manufacturing Engineer
City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Job Code: EB-4734375163
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Manufacturing Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is a Direct-Hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Create new and/or correct/modify/rewrite existing production routings defining each operation required to move a component, sub assembly, or assembly through the manufacturing process from issuance of raw material through production assembly and test.
- Create new and/or correct/modify/rewrite existing manufacturing work instructions and procedures defining the manufacturing steps.
- Assume complete process ownership of assigned manufacturing or assembly area and provide appropriate level of floor support, interfacing with other functional groups as required, to review and resolve processing issues.
- Research, specify and/or design tooling and fixtures to aid in manufacturing and inspection.
- Participate in “make/buy” decision process to determine the most cost effective way to obtain components. Support Supply Chain with supplier inspection, accreditation and selection.
- Participate in feasibility teams to review product design with respect to the most optimized, efficient, and cost effective manufacturing processes.
- Where applicable, create/modify computer programs to streamline and improve accuracy of data collection throughout Operations.
- Perform industrial engineering tasks, as required, such as time studies and work center/cell development and layout to improve product work flow and decrease lead time/cost.
- Support and provide assistance, as required, for various special projects.
- Bachelor degree (BS) in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering from a four year college or technical school, and 4 plus years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 plus years of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering, metal forming and tube bending, and/or electrical, electronic, and automation engineering.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Knowledge and usage of Inventor, Altium, LabView, or other software specific to Production Control and Inspection and Validation is a plus.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.