Our client, located in the Fayetteville, NC area, has an immediate opening for a Mamnufacturing Engineer
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist design engineering with integration of new products, both buy/sell and internally manufactured. Carry out the implementation of new design engineering into production.
- Develop new manufacturing capabilities for new product development and process improvements.
- Responsible for effective design and operation of manufacturing processes, machines, tooling, and documentation.
- Provide continuous improvement support and initiative to production processes, tooling and layout.
- Responsible for optimization of current manufacturing processes while improving employee safety.
- Development of new manufacturing processes ensuring safe work practices utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Complete assigned projects using accepted engineering practices and industry standards.
- Adhere to current company and department policies and procedures.
- Assist maintenance department with development and control of preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Communicates continually with plant supervision and management regarding equipment modifications, procedure revisions and training.
- Ensure feasibility of engineering changes and oversee the implementation of the change into the production process.
- Support all manufacturing engineering activities with the proper documentation.
- Responsible for the development of specifications for new and existing manufacturing machines and equipment
- Ensuring safety requirements are built into the process a
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent and 1-3 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Practical experience in hydronic heating systems or HVAC helpful.Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor preferred, must be proficient with 3D modeling and 2D drafting.
- PC-based computing experience (word processing, spreadsheet, etc).
- Project management skills relating to manufacturing facilities.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and superior organizational abilities.
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques, Certifications preferred.
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to be resourceful, to act independently, where appropriate, and within budget constraints, and to recognize when higher intervention may be required.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management.
Salary of $75K to $ 88K DOE
For consideration submit resume to email@example.com
Click here to apply online