Manufacturing Engineer/Process Engineer
The process engineer position is responsible for determining operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. This position troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action. The process engineer is expected to be hands on at times and will also assist in researching the advancements of our production through the purchase of equipment and or upgrades to existing equipment.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor injection molding processes and operating systems for the manufacturing of rubber and rubber to metal bonded products.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of project documentation including Control Plans, PFMEA, Gantt Charts, Process Sheets, Operator Instruction, Standard Operating Process, and Audit Sheets.
- Equipment calibration and maintenance monitoring.
- Support the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Work closely with other specialists (including scientists) for quality control of incoming raw materials.
- Assume responsibility for safety/environmental issues and ongoing performance of processes.
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures
- Participate in design feasibility reviews
- Develop scope of work for outside machine and tool suppliers
- Identify, lead, support continuous improvement projects that will improve the productivity of operations, quality, and safety
- Participate in workstation and floor layouts
- Meet with customers and suppliers as needed to support launches
- Adhere to the Company mission, policies and procedures, and State and Federal regulations
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of rubber products.
- Establish and assess the manufacturing processes at AFP to determine the optimal machine parameters and create/support documentation to support mass production.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output, and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
Provide direction, supervision and support to both union and non-union co-workers as required in support of primary job duties above.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, rubber engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years relevant work experience in rubber manufacturing involving automation applications.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in general assembly, and assembly involving automation applications.
- Must have working experience in the rubber and or plastic processing/manufacturing of goods.
- Demonstrated achievements requiring mechanical problem-solving.
- Experience interpreting or using CAD/CAM drawings and systems preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to achieve project deadlines through effective leadership, collaboration, and team building
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, customers and suppliers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER DUTIESThis job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Auburn Hills MI