Global manufacturer located in the greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin area is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
Provide manufacturing support through various manufacturing engineering disciplines to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with proper processes, methods and routings. Design and implement new or revised methods of manufacturing to reduce costs of operations; prepare cost estimates and routings for new processes and new products.
• Analyze and specify new processes and equipment necessary to accommodate plant manufacture of all new and existing products.
• Ensure the continued effectiveness of existing machine assets through equipment/ process maintenance and replacement suggestions.
• Provide financial justification and timelines for the implementation of new projects.
• Validate process improvements through trials, and analysis using measurement and statistical methods.
• Hands-on support as needed for development/ troubleshooting including machining trials and tool design at the manufacturing location.
• Plan and organize projects to see that they are completed as scheduled.
• Travel to Snap-on Tools manufacturing locations and vendors to observe equipment or processes.
• Personal development.
• Provide personnel training in areas of machine operation, maintenance, and safety
• BS in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering. 2-4 years manufacturing plant experience, in a metal machining environment.
• CNC programming experience, cutting tool selection.
• CAD experience with Catia or SolidWorks.
• Proficient with computer applications, Microsoft Office.
• Proficiency with verbal and written technical communications is mandatory. Strong interpersonal leadership skills are required.
• Must be able to separate needed facts from large amounts of data and opinion, and arrive at a logical solution option.
• Desired characteristics: Integrity, problem-solving skills, conscientious, innovative.
• Travel will be in the 40%-65% range.