Manufacturing Engineer (Ethium) – Electronics Manufacturer – Santa Ana, CA
This innovative manufacturer is a global provider of engine-driven management, protection, monitoring and control solutions. They offer an extensive line of engine instrumentation products and engine control development expertise. The company is committed to the environment and achieving the full satisfaction of their customers though their pursuit of continuous improvements in quality and productivity.
This Manufacturing Engineer will focus on the development of lithium-ion battery manufacturing and EOL testing. Processes and equipment will include automatic cell bonding (welding) and glue dispensing, overall battery assembly, and cycling. This individual will manage launch and production documentation such as DFAM, Process Flow Charts, PFEMA, and Control Plans.
• Develop equipment and methods for the launch of li-Ion battery assembly lines
• Guide decisions regarding costs, manufacturability, equipment selection, and quality
• Ensure assembly processes and equipment align with requirements
• Compile documentation of phase gate product release manufacturing to support production builds (Statistical Process Control (SPC) targets, Gauge R & R and related documentation)
• Identify process shortcomings in processes though FMEA activities and Product Design reviews, and address issues using statistical techniques
• Support continuous improvement of manufacturing engineering activities
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Material Science
• At least 2 years working in Li-Ion battery manufacturing
• Direct embedded C coding experience in an academic or industrial environment required
• Knowledge of DFM, Lean manufacturing, phase gate product release and Six Sigma
• Experience working with AutoCAD, Solidworks, Microsoft Office applications
• Capability Analysis / Statistical software experience
• Experience in designing and maintaining automation and tooling
• Ability to drive vehicles and travel by airplane
If interested, please apply directly to this posting.