Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting new opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer II. The successful incumbent will provide process and manufacturing engineering support for new and/or ongoing production programs, projects with customers, various internal organizations, and appropriate internal personnel
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
- Plan and design manufacturing plans for both new and existing programs.
- Plan and design special tooling, fixtures, jigs, shop aids, and handling equipment to support manufacturing processes.
- Develop, maintain, and improve manufacturing work instructions that detail each operation required to manufacture a component or assembly through the complete manufacturing process, from issuance of raw material to final inspection.
- Create and maintain bills of material using an ERP system.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, manufacturing methods, special tooling, machine capabilities, and quality control standards.
- Research, evaluate, and cost-justify various special tooling, machinery, and equipment for use in manufacturing. This includes capital justifications, implementation plans, and training.
- Assume overall ownership of manufacturing area(s) assigned in order to provide support with analytical problem solving and process troubleshooting, while interfacing with other functional groups, as required, to resolve manufacturing issues by implementing robust corrective actions.
- Assume ownership of special processes to function as a subject matter expert for the company.
- Manage the planning, budget, schedule, and objectives of projects that encompass a multi-functional team.
- Provide assistance in estimating activities to support new business.
- Work alongside quality engineers to ensure that overall part quality objectives are achieved.
- Assist with new product introduction (NPI) activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University in mechanical engineering technology, mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years related experience in one of the following fields: welding, brazing, composites, machinery, assembly, drilling or fastening applications and equipment.
- Become a Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) through SME within the first year of eligibility and maintain an ongoing certification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.