Manufacturing Engineer II
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Provides process and manufacturing engineering support for new and/or ongoing production programs, projects with customers, various internal organizations, and appropriate internal personnel.
- Plan and design manufacturing plans for both new and existing programs.
- Plan and design special tooling, fixtures, jigs, shop aids, and handling equipment to support manufacturing processes.
- Develop, maintain, and improve manufacturing work instructions that detail each operation required to manufacture a component or assembly through the complete manufacturing process.
- Create and maintain bills of material using an ERP system.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, manufacturing methods, special tooling, machine capabilities, and quality control standards.
- Research, evaluate, and cost-justify various special tooling, machinery, and equipment for use in manufacturing. This includes capital justifications, implementation plans, and training.
- Assume overall ownership of manufacturing area(s) assigned in order to provide support with analytical problem solving and process troubleshooting, while interfacing with other functional groups, as required, to resolve manufacturing issues by implementing robust corrective actions.
- Assume ownership of special processes to function as a subject matter expert for the company.
- Manage the planning, budget, schedule, and objectives of projects that encompass a multi-functional team.
- Provide assistance in estimating activities to support new business.
- Work alongside Quality Engineers to ensure that overall part quality objectives are achieved.
- Assist with new product introduction (NPI) activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in one of the following fields: welding, brazing, composites, machining, assembly, drilling or fastening applications and equipment.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- 401k Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports COVID-19 public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.