Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting new opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer II with a CNC Focus. The successful incumbent will provide process and manufacturing engineering support for new and/or ongoing production programs, projects with customers, various internal organizations, and appropriate internal personnel
- Plan and design manufacturing plans for both new and existing programs.
- Plan and design special tooling, fixtures, jigs, shop aids, and handling equipment to support manufacturing processes.
- Develop, maintain, and improve manufacturing work instructions that detail each operation required to manufacture a component or assembly through the complete manufacturing process, from issuance of raw material to final inspection.
- Create and maintain bills of material using an ERP system.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, manufacturing methods, special tooling, machine capabilities, and quality control standards.
- Research, evaluate, and cost-justify various special tooling, machinery, and equipment for use in manufacturing. This includes capital justifications, implementation plans, and training.
- Assume overall ownership of manufacturing area(s) assigned in order to provide support with analytical problem solving and process troubleshooting, while interfacing with other functional groups, as required, to resolve manufacturing issues by implementing robust corrective actions.
- Assume ownership of special processes to function as a subject matter expert for the company.
- Manage the planning, budget, schedule, and objectives of projects that encompass a multi-functional team.
- Provide assistance in estimating activities to support new business.
- Work alongside quality engineers to ensure that overall part quality objectives are achieved.
- Assist with new product introduction (NPI) activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University in mechanical engineering technology, mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years related experience in one of the following fields: welding, brazing, composites, machinery, assembly, drilling or fastening applications and equipment.
- Become a Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) through SME within the first year of eligibility and maintain an ongoing certification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.