Magellan Aerospace Mississauga has an exciting opportunity for experienced and knowledgeable Chemical Technician to join our material service lab team. In this position, the successful candidate will provide chemical support to ensure that chemical manufacturing processes and procedures follow the company SOPs and customer requirements.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Flexible work hours
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Operate laboratory scale, processing baths for electroplating, anodizing, degreasing, etching & cleaning of materials.
• Devise and test prescribed analytical techniques when necessary.
• Perform detailed chemical analysis and calibration of processing solution tanks to laboratory requirements
• Set up and perform instrument tests, checks on specific equipment.
• Make-up & standardization of Laboratory Reagents, and Maintain Shelf-life.
• Perform Salt Spray, spectrographic, colorimetric, volumetric, heat resistance, adhesion, bend test and evaluation & hydrogen-ion tests
• Maintain and Operate Chemical Laboratory Equipment. Set up and perform instrument tests, checks on specific equipment.
• Prepare presentation of data in the form of graphs, tables & charts for the facility management team
• 4 year College Diploma in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
• 3-5 years work experience preferably Aerospace or Manufacturing sectors
• Knowledge of metal cleaning and or finishing, or other manufacturing special processes
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities!