Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Middletown is looking for a reliable and hard-working Sheet Metal, Assembly and Fabrication Mechanic. As a key member of our manufacturing team, the successful individual will primarily operate a drivematic machine. The candidate will also gain experience in sheet metal fabrication and assembly for high temperature applications in the Aerospace Market by working in the other operations of the plant.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all types of tools, devices, and equipment for depth, hole size, including tool installation, adjustments and set up verification. Selects proper drills, upper and lower anvil assemblies and installs in machine.
- Analyzes job in terms of assembly requirements and tool access limits. Familiar with customer assembly and riveting specifications. Knowledgeable about pressure application based on the part in work.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, mylars, customer specifications and work orders to determine sequence and methods of fabricating sheet metal parts.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal materials according to work orders. Scribes/marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts.
- Forms sheet metal parts using hydraulic and/or mechanical forming equipment.
- Clamps parts and pieces in proper position while employee locates, clamps, drills, shims, rivets, files, cuts, fits, burrs, reams, flares, screws, bolts, or otherwise fastens pieces or sub-assemblies, including spot facing and torque wrenching.
- Selects proper equipment and performs all necessary riveting and related riveting operations, including bucking and blind riveting, countersinking or removing rivets.
- Installs, aligns, adjusts and otherwise repairs or reworks any part or sub assembly into the final assembly. Performs sheet metal work in making minor repairs and in installing, aligning, adjusting parts or sub-assemblies into final assemblies.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k & Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
• Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.