Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Jig Borer.
- Full Time, Perm Contract.
- 24/5 shift pattern - 12hour days and nights
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To use measuring equipment used in conjunction with boring close tolerances to interpret and comply with varying company and customer requirements and specifications.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To assist the organisation to achieve optimum output
- To Bore Holes to close tolerances of various aircraft/non aircraft components
- Ability to use all measuring equipment used in conjunction with boring close tolerances , i.e. Internal and External Micrometres, Bore Micrometres, Vernier’s using imperial/metric. Also a good knowledge of the use of Boring Heads and Bars, Drills, and Reamers, (toolex and Dihart).
- Ability to interpret and comply with varying company and customer requirements and specifications.
- Any other reasonable duties required by Management
- NVQ Level 3 or city and guilds – Engineering Manufacture (Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering) / Extended Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering (CNC Machining) or equivalent
- Preferred previous experience but can be trained
- Good understanding of written and spoken English
- Good Practical co-ordination skills
- 6`s on the shop floor
- Good understanding of engineering drawings
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!