Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Euravia North America, a division of Magellan Aerospace has a great opportunity for a detailed and proficient machinist familiar with turbine engine part repair. We are long standing FAA repair station machine shop with a lot of traditions and expertise in the aero-engines industry.
- Represent ENA in a professional manner.
- Follow policies and procedures established by ENA, MATS Repair Station Manual, ENA Quality Control Manual, FAR’s, Machine Shop Supervisor, Chief Inspector and Chief of Engineering
- Operate manual machine tools as authorized
- Carry out operations IAW job instructions and any approved documentation provided; ensuring all previous operations have been completed, signed or stamped off before commencement
- Ensure completed work is stamped off or signed as instructed
- Use full range of precision measuring and gauging tools, ensures all tools used are calibrated as required and in good working order
- Perform repair and understands blueprints, company manufacturing manuals, written or verbal instructions.
- Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds for optimal efficiency
- Maintain basic equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition
- Set-up and run jobs to include fixturing, open set-ups and trouble-shoot set-ups and be able to resolve problems by making decisions to correct geometric constraints
- Perform part inspection and in process inspections
- Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required to perform responsibilities
- Demonstrate reliability through the timely completion of a task follow-up of same
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept other duties as assigned
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is desired
- Technical education is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret technical information
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Working knowledge of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning as well as an and aptitude for using precise close tolerance measuring equipment is essential
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)