Detailed and proficient machinist familiar with turbine engine part repair for FAA repair station machine shop.
Magellan Aerospace, Euravia offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Represents ENA in a professional manner.
• Follows policies and procedures established by ENA, MATS Repair Station Manual, ENA Quality Control Manual, FAR’s, Machine Shop Supervisor, Chief Inspector and Chief of Engineering
• Operates manual machine tools as authorized
• Carries out operations IAW job instructions and any approved documentation provided; ensuring all previous operations have been completed, signed or stamped off before commencement
• Ensures completed work is stamped off or signed as instructed
• Uses full range of precision measuring and gauging tools, ensures all tools used are calibrated as required and in good working order
• Performs repair and understands blueprints, company manufacturing manuals, written or verbal instructions.
• Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds for optimal efficiency
• Maintain basic equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition
• Set-up and run jobs to include fixturing, open set-ups and trouble-shoot set-ups and be able to resolve problems by making decisions to correct geometric constraints
• Ability to learn and adapt to varied work assignments
• Perform part inspection and in process inspections
• Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required to perform responsibilities
• Ability to demonstrate proper judgment and decision making skills when necessary
• Ability to perform work with little or no supervision
• Demonstrates reliability through the timely completion of a task follow-up of same
• Ability to produce a significant volume of work efficiently in a specified period of time
• Demonstrates a willingness to accept other duties as assigned
• A High School Diploma or equivalent is desired
• Technical education is preferred
• Ability to read and interpret technical information
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Working knowledge of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning as well as an and aptitude for using precise close tolerance measuring equipment is essential
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.