GeneCoda has been retained to identify and evaluate candidates for a Managing Director to be located in the RTP, NC area.
About Our Client:
Our client is a merchant bank, providing growth capital and M&A advisory services to businesses participating in the life sciences tools and services sub-sectors.
The investment team is based in Bethesda, MD. The M&A advisory team is based in the firm’s San Francisco, CA office.
Our client recently raised its fifth fund has 30 active portfolio companies and is seeking a Managing Director to join its lean but growing investing team. Our client is an active investor across the capital structure, primarily in companies operating within the life sciences tools and services sub-sectors.
The Partner leading investments is in the process of opening a Raleigh, NC office and is recruiting this newly created opportunity. This position will be dedicated to the growth capital investing side of the firm.
What you’ll do?
- Understand and develop strategy across the portfolio; exhibit thought leadership including the development of white papers.
- Develop solid knowledge of, and close relationships with, key opinion leaders and company executives in the life science tools and services sub-sectors.
- Validate the business opportunity and establish a technical investment case.
- Provide hands-on leadership for all aspects of investment activity and portfolio management; from origination to exit with the goal of investing capital into high-quality opportunities.
- Using the firm’s vast resources, complete robust research and due diligence.
- Harvest investments: play a lead role in identifying when, and executing on, exit strategies that optimize fund results.
- Participate in some of the 30+ existing portfolio companies as board member and advisor.
Your Education: M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular or Cell Biology, or related Life Sciences field is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in life sciences tools, diagnostics and/or services sub sectors.
- Organizational experience in strategy development and execution.
- You have likely worked for a strategy consulting firm, a venture capital, private equity or other investment firm, or a business development or strategy role in a life sciences tools company.
- Demonstrated interest in joining a small, hard-working team of investment professionals and having immediate impact on the firm.
- Superb presentation, writing, and analytical abilities.
- Excels in a fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Board level presence and credibility.
GeneCoda refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.