My client, a leader in their business model worldwide, is recruiting for a leader in SEO. Position oversees a team of 3 direct reports. Competitive salary, 20% target bonus (client has paid at or above target multiple years in a row) plus annual stock option opportunity based on performance. Outstanding culture and further career growth potential.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager
The E-Commerce SEO manager will be responsible for the expansion of the company’s E-Commerce business by developing and driving SEO activities for Google, Bing and Yahoo and other search engines through organic search, for both B2C, B2B and Mexico web sites, other international sites to be added as growth indicates. Successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working on a large-scale B2C (preferably multi-channel retail with attribution to DIY store sales) and/or B2B web site or agency equivalence with international exposure and coordination with third party SEM.
- Responsible for the strategic development and management of new and existing initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, revenue growth and profitability for the online channel. Works closely with IT, Marketing and Merchandising.
- Prioritize and mange optimization efforts to drive search metrics and rankings
- Manage Third party relationships and optimizations
- Takes lead on SEO Projects organization across IT, Marketing and Merchandising
- Leverages prior and new SEO knowledge to enhance projects that drive solutions for real world problems
- Creates Link Strategies and coordinates with Content, Merchandising and IT to ensure growth in Domain Authority
- Manages Domains across the organization in partnership with IT to enhance the SEO position of our client
- Responsible for International SEO development, coordination and internal consulting
- Leverages Google Console to understand and take tactical action to ensure SEO rank remains unchanged and improves
- Identifies Technical Opportunities to enhance SEO rankings
- Measures and analyzes impact of existing functionality.
- Identifies opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer.
- Builds strong internal relationships
- Work closely with Store Operations to identify opportunities and drive execution to resolve
- Work closely with web site analysts to understand the impact of all SEO activities and to understand hurdle rates for new activities.
- Identify opportunities for improving the customer experience and work with the web development team to implement
- Stay abreast of changes in the online SEO environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjusts plans accordingly
- Partners with Paid Digital teams to enhance search and drive sales
- Partners with and develops process and reports to ensure accuracy of data and its presentations
- Participates with the business on use case situations to enhance catalog presentations and solutions
- Partners with the AutoZone Content and Catalog teams developing process that ensure SEO value and optimizations
- 7+Years with SEO background in a multi-channel retail environment
- Project Management
- Expertise with Omniture, Google Analytics, DMP and Tag management for SEO solutions
- SEMRush, Similar Web, ComScore, MOZ
- Managing third party relationships
- Multi-National experience a plus
- B2B and B2C experience
- Other Required Skills:
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to understand and leverage technology for customer experience and sales growth
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to relay strategic direction, goals and tactics to external organizations
- Strong planning, analytically problem solving skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Business case analysis, planning, project management, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Omniture, Google Analytics, SEMrush, SimilarWeb, MOZ or other similar tools