Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Our growing client has an immediate need for a Manager of SEC Reporting. This role will also be responsible for technical accounting research. Duties:
• Manage the financial reporting including the preparation, review and filing of periodic SEC forms, including Forms 10-Q and 10-K, exhibits in the Annual Proxy, earnings releases
• Prepare footnotes, MD&A, analysis and other supporting documentation including GAAP checklists and financial statement tie-outs.
• Own and prepare calculations, entries, reports and/or memos for certain accounting topics including, but not limited to, share-based compensation, earnings per share, debt
instruments, pensions, business combinations, asset impairment testing including goodwill and intangible assets, and segment reporting.
• Oversee global statutory reporting matters and prepare annual financial statements and audit workpapers for two foreign-based corporate subsidiaries.
• Lead and direct the work of a staff accountant/analyst.
• Service as key contact for worldwide accounting and finance organization to research and document conclusions on technical accounting matters.
• Research new and upcoming GAAP requirements and document technical GAAP positions, including the impact on the company.
• Support the Director of Accounting and Reporting to create and update accounting policies and train accountants at corporate and the divisions on consistent application.
• Lead coordination of the audit with external auditors.
• Own certain corporate balance sheet accounts.Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from 4-year college or university is required.
• Master’s degree International accounting experience preferred.
• Manufacturing accounting experience preferred
• CPA is a MUST (Must be Active)
• 6 or more years of public accounting or industry financial reporting (or combination).
• Technical accounting research and new accounting pronouncements implementation experience required.
• Prior SEC experience and/or Big Four or large public accounting firm experience with publicly traded clients
• Prior supervision of staff required.
• Experience with Workiva Wdesk SEC reporting application preferred.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this role, please submit a Word file copy of your resume to William at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online