Flybridge Staffing is currently searching for a Manager of Payroll and HR for a growing client in the South Florida area. This person manages complex Human Resource, Benefits, HCM, Payroll and Tax compliance responsibilities in a multi-state environment. Manages Human Capital Management (HCM) system with responsibility and authority to configure system, create reports, and view, create, process, and approve data changes, within accepted payroll standards.
Oversees and assist with all bi-weekly payroll cycles. Supervises HR staff members supporting HR, payroll, benefits, and administrative responsibilities. Must have technical skills to manage various HCM systems to effectively perform responsibilities. Preferred certificates include Professional Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM-CP.
- Develops and oversees payroll standards ensuring accuracy, consistency, and adherence to meet all compliance and tax requirements
- Supervises employees engaged a variety of HR functions, including but not limited to data entry and report generation within Human Capital Management System (HCM).
- Oversees FMLA, unemployment, and workers’ compensation responsibilities and reporting.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to Leadership, Supervisors, Managers with employee relations issues, performance concerns, policy questions, and reviews progressive counseling or Performance Improvement plans.
- Responsible for compliance reporting such as EEO, BLS data, etc
- Ensures benefits compliance with COBRA, HIPAA, ACA and ERISA provisions and prepares, files, and distributes required documents. Develops and analyzes required reports used for compliance testing for various benefit plans, including Retirement Plan’s compliance testing requirements and preparation of 5500, Health & Welfare Plan 5500, ACA reporting (1094/1095) and FSA testing.
- Collaborates with HR team to develop and maintain written internal HR procedures to ensure consistency when handling various HR activities.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in HR or existing systems to inform and advise HR leadership of impacts to the business. Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
Education / Experience / Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree focused on business or human resource management and at least five years related Human Resources and Payroll experience; with at least 3 years in a managerial capacity
Must demonstrate the following:
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of human resources. Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws and regulations, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADA.
- Considerable knowledge of benefits administration and regulations, including but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, ACA, retirement plans, annual Health & Welfare, and retirement annual testing/reporting requirements.
- Ability to effectively use and manage back-end elements of various HR systems, including but not limited to HCM, ATS, L&D, etc.
- Prior experience in payroll processing, including tax management, off-cycle payment processing etc. Multi-state experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, other agencies, and the public.
- Consistently acts with integrity and professionalism, while maintaining confidentiality in all situations.
- Team player, with demonstrated willingness to assist in a variety of HR functions.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with intermediate proficiency in most other Microsoft Office applications required. Ability to learn new software systems easily.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
If your background aligns with the above details and you would like to learn more, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or on our website, www.flybridgestaffing.com and one of our recruiters will be in touch with you ASAP.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with all our latest job openings and referral programs!