Magellan Aerospace Limited is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Manager of Mergers and Acquisitions. The person's focus will be reviewing and screening merger and acquisition opportunities for the senior team, valuation and business case analysis, transaction structuring, and due diligence management.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Screens prospective opportunities, performs in depth analysis, identifies potential risks and makes recommendations regarding the feasibility of potential acquisitions.
• Investigates and reports on the feasibility of projects suggested by the executive team.
• Assists in the management of mergers and acquisitions on a global basis.
• Strategic and quantitative analysis, tracking market M&A activity, managing business and financial due diligence, risk identification, analysis and mitigation.
• Prepare proposal presentations, including detailed risk management plans, for board approval.
• Develops, prepares and reviews financial models and forecasts to support and provide advice on potential acquisitions.
• Assists in the management of cross-functional business teams for all potential M&A projects and contributes to the corporate long-term strategic growth direction.
• Works in conjunction with established network of Investment bankers, legal professionals and other consultants to complete transactions.
• Responsible for preparing the Letter of Intent, Due Diligence Requests, Asset or Share Purchase agreements and litigation when required.
• Produce M&A proposals and supporting analysis.
• Identify and explore potential opportunities and formalizes tactical plans to execute on the Company’s M&A strategies and objectives.
• Assist in management of in-depth evaluation and due diligence processes and effectively uses all available resources to complete such evaluations.
• Work with outside advisors when necessary to enable the due diligence efforts, helps manage the data room/information flow, coordinate internal and external program management, and drive to completion the key diligence questions.
• Monitor acquisition contracts and concession agreements to ensure contract compliance.
• Conduct and present research on new growth opportunities, external M&A activity and risks to company.
• Prepare/oversee the valuation models in support of fair value, goodwill and impairment analysis.
• Work with line business leaders to develop strategies and scenario analysis for growth and investment strategies.
• Assist in the management of directing joint ventures/partnerships, including the sourcing, analysis, negotiation, diligence, and integration of such partnerships.
• Degree in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration, a professional accounting designation.
• 2+ years’ experience in M&A execution and integration experience.
• Manufacturing experience is required. Aerospace or defence experience would be ideal.
• Experience in corporate development
• Understanding and experience with mergers, acquisitions and strategic investments including excellent M&A financial modeling skills, competitive analysis and valuation techniques.
• Experience driving the legal documentation, due diligence, and transaction closing process through collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience delivering a superior level of service, support and insight to the Executive Team and Business Unit executives.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!