Manager of Medical-Surgical Med Surg
Southern, CA area
Seeking a talented and qualified individual for a Manager of Medical-Surgical Med Surg in the Southern, CA area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in a Medical-Surgical Unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Manager of Medical-Surgical Med Surg
- The Nurse Manager assumes 24-hour responsibility for planning, supervising, and evaluating the care of patients to ensure comprehensive and continuous care for each patient/family in the unit and shift of responsibility.
- This involves management and responsibilities for diverse categories of personnel for patient care.
- The Nurse Manager position requires in-depth productivity management, knowledge of management principles, communication, teaching/learning principles, nursing practice, and the ability to apply nursing theories.
- Acceptance of the philosophy and policies of the nursing unit and of the institution are e essential.
- The position requires skills in interpersonal communication, group dynamics, problem-solving, delegation, interviewing, observation, counseling, and teaching.
- The Nurse Manager must evaluate personnel, assess the environment, and determine priorities for care in order to plan, implement, and evaluate outcomes of care.
- The Nurse Manager must function effectively in stressful situations
Requirements of the Manager of Medical-Surgical Med Surg
- 3 years' of Medical-Surgical leadership nursing experience leadership required
- 5 years' of Medical-Surgical nursing experienced required
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- Current CA RN license required
- National RN Certification preferred
- BLS (American Heart)