SUMMARY: The Product Marketing Manager - Consumer Packaged Goods is the key position accountable for leading and developing selected product categories within the Household Division. This individual will own and drive the strategy & go to market plan to grow selected categories. This position will report directly to the Vice President (Home and Fabric Care) and will work in direct interaction with Sales, Operations, R&D, Supply Chain, and Finance. The role encompasses new product introductions and product launches, margin optimization, and distribution expansion, along with other category building activities. The Product Manager will lead the growth strategy for his/her area and create a collaborative relationship for their assigned categories working in partnership with the Sales, directly with Customers and with other cross-functional team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic category growth plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales, revenue, and profitability objectives of organization. Active in development and day to day management of key P&L components
- Initiate and deliver the execution of product changes, launches, and other important drivers across the respective product portfolio, based on in-depth consumer, customer, competitor, and category understanding.
- Ensure profitable growth through product innovation and pricing/sizing optimization (emphasis on cost structure, SKU mix, manufacturing, and price realization) to drive consumer demand and margin expansion.
- Manage product life cycle, including new product launches, promoting existing products and features to increase usage, as well as continuous review of product range performance
- Support the selling process in conjunction with Sales, including all sales communications and materials, coordinating deliverables timelines across multiple functions to ensure Sales team is fully equipped for successful sell-in
- Work collaboratively with the R&D team to evaluate the market, identify opportunity for innovation, and merchandise product effectively in the market. Own the business aspect of innovation and merchandising.
- For branded business within category, be responsible for all strategic and tactical aspects of branding, marketing communications, product launch and management, and the various aspects of merchandising.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and consumer trends to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and marketing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BA in marketing or related field. MBA a plus.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in managing a CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) business with focus on product management, innovation, and margin development, preferably in fabric and home care/household area (though not essential)
- Product management, innovation/development, and pricing/trade marketing expertise.
- Experience in working cross-functionally to achieve shared goals – with Sales, R&D, Finance, Packaging, and Operations.
- “Self-starter” – ability to define opportunities for business in “white space” context, using data and intuition to align organization toward growth plans
- Commitment to results; ability to incorporate new learning into existing plans and act decisively.