GeneCoda® has been engaged to identify and evaluate candidates, for an Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Manager to be located in the RTP, NC marketplace.
About Our Client:
Our client is an immuno-oncology company developing novel therapies that activate a patient’s immune system to fight cancer.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role Investor Relations Manager. This position serves as a liaison and channel of communication between the company and investors, sell-side analysts and other important stakeholders and influencers in the investment community as well as media. An understanding of company strategy, operations, clinical development, business development and financial performance is required. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute to the creation and updates of internal and external communications (corporate presentation, earnings call, press releases, scripts, 10K, 10Q, intranet, etc.).
This individual will oversee the investor relations messaging plan and execute investor communications and activities. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing the flow of information among the organization, shareholders and the financial investing community.
- Develop investor relations strategies and tactics with the CEO and management team to maximize the company’s long-term value creation and ensure consistency in presentations and messaging.
- Manage interactions with analysts and investors, consistent with key messages and public disclosures.
- Assist in the preparation of corporate and SEC filings.
- Implements strategies and programs to keep the financial community current on company performance and industry trends.
- Participate in the preparation of communications to shareholders to best present the company’s strategies and plans to the market.
- Proactively counsel and collaborate with internal stakeholders on all major company initiatives, events, and announcements.
- Develop and review key corporate communications (e.g., press releases, corporate presentations, conference call scripts, etc.) to support investor relations messaging objectives.
- Manage internal review processes with subject matter experts.
A B.S. in the biological sciences or related field.
- We will consider exceptionally talented individuals without direct investor relations experience, but with strong and proven communications and writing skills.
- Prior background in or knowledge of Oncology research and markets, preferred.
- General knowledge of financial markets, SEC filings and investing and/or business education (e.g. MBA), preferred.
- Skill set and experience related to developing a robust investor relations strategy.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skill set and aptitude for working with the investment community.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Strong collaborative skills, team player mentality.
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time as work requires.
GeneCoda® refers qualified applicants for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected military status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.