Manager of Critical Care Progressive Care Unit PCU
Central, GA area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Manager of Critical Care Progressive Care Unit PCU for a great opportunity in the Central, GA area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working in a Critical or Progressive Care Unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Manager of Critical Care Progressive Care Unit PCU
- The Manager of PCU is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, and directing functions to ensure the effective operation of the unit. In cooperation with the leadership team, the Manager will be instrumental in developing plans, policies, and procedures to efficiently provide quality care
- Responsible for the overall operation of the department to include all services
- Responsibilities may include liaison with medical staff, development, and revision of policies/procedures, ensuring adherence to CCU/PCU/Telemetry/AIC/DHU nursing standards of care.
- Aware of and response to ethical and legal issues involving critical care services
- Directs, coordinates, and supervises quality nursing care to include coordination of patient care services
- You will ensure effective, flexible utilization of staff within staffing guidelines, taking into consideration the staff’s competency and patient acuity.
- You will evaluate staff performance and work-related behavior per policies, obtaining information from appropriate personnel utilizing effective coaching to enhance the performance of the employee.
- You will model leadership behavior, set expectations for teamwork, and hold staff accountable for performance.
- You will demonstrate effectiveness in planning for future needs by budget preparation on an annual basis, monitoring monthly reports to ensure that the department stays within budget constraints.
- You will participate in the organization’s educational programs and support the community outreach program while maintaining advanced practice study.
Requirements of the Manager of Critical Care Progressive Care Unit PCU
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State which you practice or must hold Compact/Multi-State RN License
- A current BLS and ACLS from American Heart Association (AHA or American Red Cross) are required
- 3+ years of experience in nursing in an acute care setting