We are seeking a Manager of Corporate Systems who will partner and collaborate with stakeholders at various levels of the organization to develop, support and transform their business and technology needs. The role with be the IT Business Partner for Human Resources, Legal, Compliance, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with employees at all levels of management and communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively.
- Work effectively with various levels of internal Business Partners/Stakeholders, IT team and External Vendors to identify, understand, implement, and support new business capabilities where appropriate.
- Provides strategic direction, architecture design, implementation and support for all Corporate Technologies including HRIS, Contracts Management, Legal etc.
- Participate and lead cross functional small to mid-sized projects with varying levels of complexity.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Regularly interact with end users to understand their current operating state, identify possible systems, or process changes to increase efficiency, and propose their implementation to IT and the stakeholders.
- Identify and implement process and/or system changes that improve effectiveness of business areas with partner's alignment.
- Lead and own various activities pertaining to the implementation, continuous improvement, and ongoing support of the systems and processes.
- Develop and manage system process mapping, business workflows, functional protocols, and work instructions as appropriate for the related systems.
- Lead and own systems request/incidents management process associated with the systems or involved processes.
- As an IT Business Partner, work collaboratively with other Business Partners, PMO and the cross functional team members to ensure that systems/processes are operated and maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements supported by Client’s ITOPs.
- Be proactive and take initiative to gather information, investigate gaps/issues, identify potential solutions, and present to both Business and IT stakeholders
- Coordinate planning & implementation of the Change/Release management processes with the internal stakeholders as well as the external partners to ensure effective change implementation with no room for errors.
- Maintain system security, data privacy, of systems in scope, in accordance with current IT policies and applicable regulations.
- Leads cross-functional teams for small to mid-sized projects where applicable.
- Define, measure, and report KPI's and SLA's for provided Corporate Business Technology services.
- Demonstrate experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including the assessment of leading technologies through to operational support.
- Provides advice, guidance, and training to other IT/IS employees where needed.
- Manage and collect documents, and user, functional, and technical requirements for corporate functions such as human resources, legal and corporate affairs.
- Lead and manage documentation of processes, common resolutions/solutions, and application support processes to augment knowledge gaps.
- Liaise with the vendor's Technical Support team(s) to determine and implement incident resolution in a timely manner. Assist with troubleshooting quality / functionality issues associated with the systems.
- Lead and make informed recommendations on vendor selection and oversee vendor activities.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships for relevant systems (HRIS, Contract management, etc.).
- Liaise with the vendor's Managed Services team(s) to address or resolve incidents/requests in a timely manner.
- Liaise with vendors and outsourced partners conducting scoped activities/tasks aligned with the overall objectives while maintaining positive and collaborative working relationships.
Note: Travel to other sites may be required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working in or supporting corporate systems, preferably within life sciences.
- Good business and technical acumen to understand the value of business capabilities enabled by IT.
- Good presentation, communication, facilitation, and influence skills; understanding of organizational change management concepts.
- Proven experience of building and supporting Corporate systems with 2+ years of business analyst experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service, problem solving, troubleshooting, negotiation, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Extremely organized and demonstrates extreme organization, effective written and verbal business communication across the organization and with senior leadership.
- Develops and sustains cooperative productive partnerships while promoting honest communication and feedback.
- Strong adaptability and capable of working in fast paced environments.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities without direct authority in a consultative, collaborative and team-oriented style.
- Ability to work independently as well as with global cross functional teams and time zones consisting of internal customers and external service providers.
- Experience with ITIL, SDLC principles, industry best practices, and other IT good practices desirable.
- Support delivery of reporting, dashboards, and business intelligence capabilities through partnership with IT and Legal Operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate enterprise concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at various levels.
- Motivates self and others.
- Proven ability to formulate and manage technical product roadmaps.
- Experience with contract and vendor onboarding & negotiations.
- Strong focus on process improvement and automation with an ability to understand business needs and recommend business process improvement.
- Previous experience as System Owner of Legal and Compliance Systems (including Legal time billing systems
- Demonstrates passion for the job, organization and company while exploring new approaches but embracing changes.
Client offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.