Manager of Agronomy Services
As "Manager of Agronomy Services", our client seeks an agronomic professional to oversee regional crop advisors and assume responsibility for the development and implementation of strategies aimed at supporting their crop inputs and agribusiness success. Join a company that has developed a reputation for great customer and employee engagement and are poised to remain the leaders in the markets they serve. Glassdoor.ca indicates a 3.7 rating with the company winning multiple awards including Canada's Top 100 Employers (2019 and 2020), Canada's Best Employers (2019), 50 Most Engaged Workplaces (2019), Most Attractive Employers (2019), and Saskatchewan's Top Employers (2020).
Overseeing the Agricultural Products department, you will be responsible for:
Ultimately, you will assume accountability for the operating results related to agronomic services and support.
- The development and interaction of sales and marketing strategies, product information programs, and pricing strategies
- Supporting the agronomy team; guiding, directing, training, and coaching
- Responding to inquiries regarding credit, products, and services
- Co-developing applicable budgets and forecasts; monitoring results
- Constantly maintaining awareness of market intelligence and analyzing/interpreting that information to maximize growth plans
- Recognizing opportunities for sales growth and implement plans
- Representing company at trade shows and association meetings; developing relationships with internal and external industry and government personnel
- Human resource management; hiring, promoting, and performance management (non-union)
To be considered in this role, the following qualifications have been identified:
- 7+ years' experience in farm supply (retail) sales and marketing
- 5+ years' managerial level experience (or a combination of training and experience)
- An active member in SIA with current P.Ag designation (or other provincial institute and willing to transfer) preferred
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Agriculture
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally might like more information on, feel free to apply directly, or contact Ed @ 1.306.700.4766, to confidentially establish your interest and your intent to proceed. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
- Demonstrated success in a similar role emphasizing the development and implementation of marketing strategies
- Superior analytical and financial skills
- Computer competency; intermediate skills with spreadsheets, word processing, and database software in a Windows environment
- A Valid driver's license
- Willing to travel frequently throughout SE Saskatchewan
- Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter! www.facebook.com/GRSRecruiters https://www.linkedin.com/company/grasslands-group @GRS_RecruitersClick here to apply online
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists - Connecting Agriculture since 1996