endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
100+ employee metal fabrication, welding and powder coating operation in need of a Manager over the Welding department. Looking for someone with technical and management skills out of welding who can fill in for the plant manager. Plus like someone they can look to internally for succession/internal opportunities. Location is the Indianaola/Cleveland Mississippi area. Pay is 90-95K base, bonus, great benefits including solid 401K match, ESOP plan and relocation package.
The Manager, Operations, Welding is responsible for leading the daily operations of the welding department, promoting an environment of positive employee relations, safety and quality to achieve the plant goals. The Manager will lead by example and engage employees in creating a work environment that reinforces our positive culture and family values and demonstrating passion and urgency for meeting customer expectations. The Manager will help create a continuous improvement and lean culture in support of improving productivity, health and safety, quality, delivery, environmental and cost efficiency goals. The Manager provides leadership for approximately 25 team members and is a key member of the plant leadership team.
- Lead the welding operation, setting and monitoring operational performance. Ensure compliance to the production schedule and manufacturing priorities to achieve or exceed production goals. Ensure effective allocation of resources across all areas of the operation to accomplish customer‐driven priorities.
- Direct daily activities to meet or exceed QSC quality standards and health, safety and environment practices and metrics. Drive sustainable improvements in health and safety, quality, productivity, inventory, on-time delivery, lead-time and environmental practices, standards and metrics.
- Lead the welding team to support a positive work environment. Develop positive employee relations, engagement and high performance, including managing performance, setting goals, developing team members and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Monitor, coach and counsel production operators for attendance, tardiness, and work performance. Manage, track and report production operator vacation schedules and attendance.
- Lead and support a continuous improvement and lean culture. Ensure standardized work processes are followed through daily performance audits, the use of performance boards and visual factory methodology, analyzing metrics, performing root cause analysis, and implementing corrective measures as needed. Continuously improve through Kaizen.
- Develop and lead 5S efforts within assigned areas of responsibility. Audit performance on a regular basis to ensure safety, quality, delivery and cost targets are surpassed on a regular basis.
- Successfully investigate, analyze and implement corrective actions related to customer or internal product and process concerns.
- Complete all required checklists, reporting, and data measuring productivity and other metrics. Ensure required checklists are completed accurately and consistently by select operators.
- Participate in new employee orientation/onboarding processes to ensure associates are properly trained for their work
- Collaborate across the plant, ensuring reporting of technical and non-conformance issues across operations. Communicate across various levels and teams of the organization.
- Maintain flexibility in assisting the management of the Weld, Finishing/Paint, or Yard Departments as needed. Assist as needed in absence of the Plant Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisor/leadership role in manufacturing operations demonstrating performance improvements.
- Demonstrated experience implementing a continuous improvement and lean culture, utilizing tools preferred, such as: kaizen, TPM, standard work, 5S and root cause problem solving.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Positive leadership approach, ability to motivate, train and develop a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership through influence style vs. command and control.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships throughout the organization.
- High level of urgency and accountability to meet customer needs.
- High self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Aligned with highest integrity and family values.
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- Ability to analyze data to inform the decision-making process.
Education and Certification Qualifications:
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D03
- Associates degree, preferably in a technical field required. Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field preferred.
- Industry recognized Lean Certifications a plus.