Manager, Talent Acquisition
Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition, the Manager, Talent Acquisition located in Client's Washington, DC office, supports the organization's recruiting related efforts for the US and international offices. The Manager, Talent Acquisition is responsible for all hiring in Client's operations (i.e. Finance, Communications, IT, etc.) functions. This individual will further the department’s objectives through the development, management, and execution of candidate sourcing, assessment, and selection strategies to satisfy Client's immediate and long-term strategic hiring objectives. This Manager will recruit and manage recruiters.
- Contribute to a positive, inclusive, and high-expectations culture on the Talent Acquisition team and within the HR department. Work with colleagues to establish Talent Acquisition as a best-in-class function at Client and relative to industry peer organizations.
- Partner with hiring managers, HR partners, Talent Acquisition team colleagues, and other key stakeholders to ensure exceptional internal and external talent (full-time, temporary, and freelance) is engaged to fill roles across Client. Ensure that guidance and decisions are rooted in data when possible.
- Manage a best-practice, behavior- and competency-based assessment and hiring approach/strategy for all openings and ensure that (1) interviewers are appropriately organized and equipped with interview tools/documentation; (2) candidate assessments (interviews, performance tasks, etc.) are evidence-based and relate directly to the job; (3) candidates and Client stakeholders receive world-class guidance and support; and (4) hiring decision results in exceptional talent joining Client.
- Ensure ongoing, proactive communication with hiring stakeholders throughout recruitment. Proactively identify issues and solicit feedback to ensure that searches are effectively managed and meet expectations.
- Manage two full-time staff, and potentially contingent staff and other external resources, to fill vacancies. Work closely with direct reports to set ambitious yet feasible goals and provide positive and constructive guidance and feedback to ensure those goals are met. Engage and retain high performing direct reports.
- Ensure engagement and hiring of full-time, temporary, and freelance talent is managed in compliance with relevant laws. Ensure key data on candidates, job details, and assessment and selection activity are documented appropriately in HR systems.
- Lead and contribute to projects to improve the delivery of recruiting services.
- Provide oversight into global temporary staff engagement including relationship management with agencies and internal point of contact for managers.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least eight years of professional experience.
- At least two years of management experience in a recruitment function.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and positive results from staff and colleagues through influence, empathy, and accountability.
- Exceptional full life cycle recruiting skills with an emphasis on inclusive strategies that value diversity.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with ability to communicate and influence effectively with peer group, hiring managers clients, and candidates.
- Experience in a complex organization or consulting role requiring impeccable judgment, strong analytical skills and exceptional client management capabilities and a demonstrated understanding of professional recruiting methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project priorities in a highly dynamic environment and the ability work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a collaborative team effort.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in positions requiring communication with a broad and diverse audience.
Travel is not anticipated but may be required.