please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will lead and support strategic, business development, and communications initiatives within the Strategy & Business Development group with a focus on North America. Its reach will extend horizontally to all business units operating in North America, and globally through the Strategy & Business Development function.
- Market, industry, best-practice and company analysis.
- Identification of technological and business trends and derivation of business implications.
- Evaluation of business opportunities (customers/markets/products) in consideration of trends.
- Identification, development & execution of new business models and/or development of existing business models (including strategic realignment, internationalization and accelerated growth).
- Target-oriented management of global M&A projects (with cross-functional teams).
- Support of start-up portfolios (including assessing degree of innovation, potential, & valuation).
- Development of strategic courses of action for the Executive team, including special projects.
- Preparation of presentations and convincing business cases as basis for discussion or as decision memos for the CEO, the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Development and coordination of internal and external company and business unit communications, including for commercial purposes.
- Coach and mentor junior member(s) of the Strategy & Communications team.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field preferably with an MBA or other postgraduate degree;
- 5 to 7 years of professional consulting experience in strategy, corporate development, mergers and acquisitions or other relevant field;
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in a global industrial enterprise with technologically demanding products (preferably with international exposure and/or assignments);
- Ability to quickly comprehend and address complex business and technical matters;
- Experience managing cross-functional project teams (ideally certified by PMI or similar);
- Persuasive communication and presentation skills, including adapting for cultural differences;
- Engaged, enthusiastic, committed, and target-oriented ;
- Good interpersonal and networking skills, able to motivate others, and a team player;
- Creative, resilient, and (diplomatically) assertive;
- Willing to travel worldwide (up to 30%);
- Command of MS Office.