Manager, Risk Analytics
Our client is a fast-growing, non-bank lender dedicated to providing simple, fast, and affordable financing to America’s small businesses. An innovator in the industry since 2003, they are currently implementing an aggressive national growth strategy.
Want to be part of a team where your work has a direct impact on the economic decisions of the company? Are you interested in working in an environment that promotes data-driven decisions, creativity, and innovation? The Risk Analytics Manger is responsible for managing risk strategies, conducting profitability and performance analysis, and developing test and control strategies. This role requires an individual who is highly analytical, creative, and intellectually curious.
- Drive continuous change and innovation to improve both the scalability and the effectiveness of the Company’s credit underwriting, collections and fraud efforts by identifying and implementing procedural, data-driven, and technological solutions.
- Use predictive modeling techniques and advanced analytics to independently maintain and develop loss forecasts and risk strategies.
- Maintain and establish effective performance tracking ensuring strategies and/or forecasts are performing as expected. Implement key learnings to update loss forecasts/strategies in a timely manner.
- Implement newly designed comprehensive tests and drive enhancements by evaluating financial impact from various treatments.
- Produce a credit risk dashboard monthly and create new dashboards to monitor and track strategy related changes. Provide business partners with detailed insights.
- Evaluate new data sources which can improve decision making for risk management.
- Work with engineering and product to support new product launch and/or build new business capabilities, including risk management eco-system, new automation capabilities, etc.
- Coordinate among various partners in multiple business functions to ensure successful delivery.
- Present recommendations to senior management.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience working in small business or consumer lending risk management.
- Demonstrated success in developing ideas, dissecting problems, and getting results while building sustainable approach and processes which keep work going after project closure.
- Ability to work amid ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment.
- High level of proficiency and experience in SQL, Python/R, Excel and/or other statistical/data analytics tools such as SAS
- Experience with machine learning and predictive modeling is a plus.
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Thriving in a fast paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
What you get:
- Health, dental, vision, 401k
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays and flexible work schedule
- Paid training, coaching and development
- A dynamic, team-oriented office environment
- Rewards, recognition, company events, and other fun stuff