Manager, Risk Analytics
Come work on a fun island! Awesome island living with multiple opportunities for serious Diving, Boating , Sailing and Hiking … even the fishing is good. Come get free breakfast and lunch, work with cool people and dress in shorts while making a nice living. We need people who love math, statistics and analytics.
The candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, optimizing and maintaining policies related to all underwriting and lead acquisition activities. Utilize project management skills to develop and implement technical processes required to execute strategies in a production environment to positively influence company metrics and profitable growth. This role requires individuals with several years of credit risk experience, strong statistical and data analysis skills, proficiency in SAS, R, Python or a similar programming language, and the ability to derive rigorous segmentation results based on business knowledge and objective judgment of the balance between risk and reward for the portfolio.
*The position can be more or less senior based on the experience of the individual applicant, but the minimum and preferred skills are listed below.
• Develop and execute risk management and lead acquisition strategies inside the business rules / decision engine and help quality assure, roll out and monitor.
• Validate and test risk management strategies. Evaluate statistical scoring, segmentation, and third-party products for effective risk mitigation solutions.
• Work with cross functional teams to develop and execute on strategic initiatives.
• Implement initiatives to ensure consistency and compliance with credit policies, and liaise with cross functional business counterparts to develop and implement risk strategies and third party platform integration.
• Analyze credit risk and financial data to develop, test, and optimize risk factors related to credit policies.
• Leverage analytics skills to perform risk, financial and data analysis including profiling, reconciliation, and quality testing.
• Prepare risk reports for senior management that include analytics of risk, performance, emerging trends and opportunities.
• Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization
• Project Management: Oversee project lifecycle of data studies, new technology interrogation, or any other projects related to risk or analytics. Deliver written project plans to set expectations and gain strategic agreement. Interface with systems personnel for timely accurate implementation of underwriting solutions. Gather requirements for new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions. Conduct and analyze business and information technology processes and prepare essential groundwork. Make recommendations for necessary changes on projects that come from other departments.
• Support: At as liaison to general counsel, marketing department, operations department, financial department, financial department, and individuals. Work with
portfolio and merchant representatives to execute current and emerging business strategies. Interact internally to determine involvement, data requirements, and
analysis. Research and evaluate new technology trends, data providers and analytics opportunities.
• Mentorship – Potentially could mentor junior level analysts of the Risk Management team. Ensure training/delivery of scheduled and ad-hoc data reports/studies and developing new effective methods to communicate significant risk information. Make recommendations for personnel actions and assist in day-to-day operations of group.
• Insight – Maintain a thorough understanding of risk, operational, and management concepts to manage major portfolio risk factors. Investigate escalated incidences in reports for further review. Suggest possible risk management solutions, credit policy changes, and action plans. Turn business requirements into functional and technical specs for inclusion in the development process and in business planning. Define and develop business reports that support project assignments.
• Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not
interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
• Project Management – Coordinates projects; communicates changes in progress; Completes projects on time.
• Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Shares expertise with others
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Credit Scoring & Modeling - Understanding of predictive modeling and credit scoring methodologies
• Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Understanding of predictive modeling and credit scoring methodologies
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, statistics or related field
• 3+ years experience, risk and financial services
• 2 years’ experience in the risk management field, minimum
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Access and Crystal Reporting
• Outlook Exchange
• Underwriting Software, Proficient in SQL, SAS, R or Python