In this dynamic role you will be primarily responsible for auditing and assessing the quality of Genworth’s lending partners including their underwriting and loss mitigation systems. Genworth is the largest private residential mortgage insurer in Canada.
This is a highly visible and respected position where you will work at the heart of the business and liaise closely with senior management, and lending partners, as well as internal operations, underwriting and sales teams. If you want to work in a solid, respected, mid-sized financial organization, with a track record of growth and an inclusive and positive culture then this role is for you.JOB SUMMARY:
Based out of the head office in Oakville, and reporting to the Director, Quality Assurance, this role is responsible for:
- Managing a team of Quality Assurance Analysts:
- Conducting external lender reviews and;
- Supporting the maintenance of the Quality Assurance program.
The role will work closely with numerous functions within the business including Risk Management, National Sales and Operations.JOB DUTIES:
- Manage external Quality Assurance reviews of transactional and bulk insurance for a team of QA Analysts, in accordance with QA procedures and policies in a timely, efficient and objective manner;
- Proactively manage external review scheduling, timeliness of reviews, follow-up activities and final reporting within service level standards;
- Perform quality reviews, to test the accuracy of team member performance and provide prompt feedback to team members;
- Act as a senior referral source for review of QA findings and identify coaching/training opportunities;
- Foster an environment of teamwork within Quality Assurance and manage the performance of team members through ongoing feedback and coaching to maximize their performance;
- Provide trend analysis for risks identified and proactively escalate any adverse trends to internal and/or external stakeholders with recommendations for resolution;
- Work closely with National Sales and lender contacts on the development of lender action plans where compliancy results are below internal thresholds;
- Act as subject matter expert for lender specific underwriting policies, procedures and processes. Proactively identify any material gaps and escalate to internal stakeholders;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and customer service;
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects to support Risk Management initiatives, as required.
- Advanced knowledge of and significant experience with Quality Assurance and fraud practices;
- Strong technical knowledge of mortgage underwriting credit policies, regulatory requirements and mortgage origination processes;
- Strong leadership skills; creating a shared vision, energizing others, challenging the status quo and driving change;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, relationship building and customer centricity;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) with the ability to influence internal/external stakeholders;
- Ability to plan and manage multiple, concurrent priorities, and work under tight time constraints;
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment and to perform well in a high volume, high intensity environment;
- Ability to make decisions under pressure while adhering to department guidelines;
- Demonstrated strength in working independently; manage deliverables and resolve issues while seeking guidance on the most complex situations;
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours when required by QA review timelines;
- Minimum 10 years of mortgage underwriting and/or audit experience in the financial industry including a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience;
- University degree in Business, Economics, or Commerce;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to grasp mortgage industry and business-wide strategies;
- Proficiency with and adaptability to various underwriting system applications;
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microstrategy.
- Ability to travel within GTA regularly;
- Ability to travel to various locations within Canada occasionally.
Click here to apply online
Genworth is the largest private residential mortgage insurer in Canada. The Company provides mortgage default insurance to Canadian residential mortgage lenders, making homeownership more accessible to first-time homebuyers. Genworth Canada differentiates itself through superior customer service, a robust risk management framework and innovative processing technology. For over 25 years, Genworth Canada has supported the housing market by providing thought leadership and a focus on the safety and soundness of the mortgage finance system.
Contact: Jeff Richmond email@example.com 416-238-6400
Please apply using the links on this page or directly at www.nafor.com/jobs
For additional information please go to: www.nafor.com/4035