endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is conducting a search for a Manager of Quality Assurance / Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) to manage the day-to-day functions of the Quality and Environmental Health & Safety departments to ensure that Company policies, operations, and procedures meet customer, Company, Industry, and Regulatory quality and EH&S requirements. Develops plans and processes to meet company goals and objectives and is the facility representative on the respective functional councils for the purpose of driving Best-in-Class performance objectives in Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement.
- Effectively manage and advance all aspects of site manufacturing – Environmental Health & Safety and Quality.
- Lead and coach teams by establishing business and personal accountability plans and manage activities and goal attainment to the company's Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), specifically Safety (TRIR), and Quality (DPPM and FPY).
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly operational progress reports to management.
- Ensure that the work environment is meeting safety and health standards and that equipment is well-maintained and is functioning in a reliable manner; Identify action based EH&S goals for site leadership team members, functional managers, and front-line leaders to support achievement of the site’s EH&S targets and objectives.
- Collaborate with the sales leadership team to enhance the customer relationship through consistent execution and communication.
- Lead and mentor direct reports, building their management and decision-making skills, continuously promoting a culture that is focused on success, and emphasizing respect, trust, and empathy in the workplace.
- Promote a culture of employee engagement in safety processes and continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance, through implementation and management of facility EH&S programs, policies and procedures that comply with regulatory requirements, and organizational objectives.
- Manage the development of and the compliance of the overall quality assurance and quality control programs at the facility.
- Monitor quality through internal corrective action process and implementation of metrics to ensure that the products are of the highest quality and in compliance with company policies.
- Represent manufacturing site in both Quality and EH&S on the respective functional councils for purpose of driving Best-in-Class performance objectives in both Safety and Quality.
- Conduct audits and record observations to proactively identify and mitigate hazards. Drive continuous safety improvements by recommending enhancements.
- Review injuries and other significant near-miss incidents to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Address customer returned warranty work from customer.
- Facilitate a minimum of one (1) ISO required Management Review annually, as well as training as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that operations comply with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety standards, including any contractual agreements, and assure all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Utilize the EH&S and Quality Maturity Index tools to drive improvement.
- Lead the site Safety Committee.
- Develop and maintain a matrix to assure timely completion of EH&S training.
- Assist with employee on-boarding and completion of new hire orientation.
- Work with Supply Chain Management (SCM) on supplier quality development and improvement objectives.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES – PROFICIENCY REQUIRED
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Management Systems.
- 2+ years of direct leadership experience in management of a Quality Management System for purpose of maintaining certification/compliance to International Standards.
- Thorough knowledge of the preparation and implementation of quality procedures, specifications, test plans, and work procedures with knowledge of various International Standards, e.g., ISO9001, IATF16949; ISO14001, etc.
- 5+ years of managing direct reports and large-scale operations preferred.
- 5+ years of quality management experience required; Knowledge of brazing, welding, and other processing techniques for the manufacturing of heat exchangers preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in managing EH&S; industrial setting preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EH&S regulations and requirements is preferred.
- Lean manufacturing capabilities is essential, ideally with a Six Sigma Black or Green Belt and CI project experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of manufacturing processes and raw materials, production equipment, process mapping, risk analysis and problem-solving.
- Decision making - analytical and reasoning ability and good judgment for complex business decisions based on data and facts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/language skills required to include the ability to provide written and verbal instructions, compile and present business reports/correspondence, and present information clearly.
- Highly skilled and proficient use of technology, including standard office software [Word, Excel, PowerPoint] and ERP (Plex) systems, i.e., SAP is required; Experience in ERP PLEX environment preferred.
- Desired certifications for Quality include Lean Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt, ASQ CQM, CQE or CQA, ISO9001/IATF16949 Certified Lead Internal Auditor, or other.
- Professional certifications for EH&S are preferred, i.e., CSP, CIH, CHMM, and/or PE.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Discipline, e.g., Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management, or equivalent required; MBA or advanced degree