Our client is a growing Apparel specialty retailer with over 650+ stores, factory outlets and strong Ecommerce business.
The Manager, Performance Marketing (Digital Media) is an essential role in leading the client brand across paid marketing programs to drive new customers, traffic & sales online and in-stores. Drives branding efforts by increasing digital awareness across paid media platforms. Position will oversee brand, creative, targeting strategy and performance across Display, Video and Paid Social media channels. Partners with external partners including agencies, technology providers and internal partners including Brand Marketing, E-Commerce, Creative, Merchandising and the extended Performance Marketing teams to develop seasonal strategy for digital marketing activities. Reviews performance, analyzes results and builds future forecasts to continually optimize programs.
Essential Tasks (50%)
Manage all Display and Paid Social marketing efforts.
- Manage and prioritize acquisition and retention driving digital campaigns across all sales channels (Stores, Factory Outlets and EComm) and extended brand programs.
- Oversee Media marketing programs by defining strategy, planning, and implementation of programs with team and agency partners.
- Forecasts traffic targets and budgets needs to meet sales plans. Adjusts distribution of budget in season to maximize efficiency of spend.
- Analyzes digital marketing programs daily, weekly, monthly and seasonally and adjusts to improve ROI.
- Conducts on-going review of refinements to determine best practices as they relate to the brand objectives and recommends next steps digital program evolution.
- Works with marketing leadership, analytics and finance to project media spend & impact.
- Leads weekly + monthly business reviews, monitoring growth trends and measuring all marketing campaigns through to ROI.
- Partners with analytics & agency teams to create insights that lead to marketing efficiency and scaling of the acquisition programs
- Partners across marketing organization to develop collaborative campaigns and media plans.
- Partners with internal creative to develop and produce creative assets for campaigns.
Manage and grow team of direct reports
- Develop a high-performance team to become functional experts in their respective disciplines.
- Cross-train team to provide learning opportunities outside of their functional expertise.
- Maintain close agency relationship to foster brand experience and knowledge
- Foster a positive environment which encourages curiosity, innovation and collaboration.
Launch innovative programs
- Identify new channels of opportunity for incremental customer growth.
- Develop strong partnerships with external partners to drive first-to-market innovation in the digital space through alpha and beta programs.
- Continue to test and learn across all programs to drive customer engagements and personalized experiences.
- Be a key Subject Matter Expert for the organization on all aspects of digital marketing. Stay current on technology opportunities, new partners entering the market and trends both in and outside of the retail market.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing related field
- Experience: 5+ years Marketing experience, 3 years in a Leadership role with experience across display and paid social. Retail experience is preferred.
Preferred Requirements (skills and abilities)
- Proven expertise acquiring customers and driving revenue through Paid Social (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest), Re-targeting and Programmatic (Tradedesk or other DSP partners) marketing spend
- Proven ability to oversee and optimize marketing technology, customer journey, multi-touch attribution, and cross-channel ad sequencing
- Proven experience working with analytics and data science resources to measure marketing impact
- Proven experience managing and optimizing a large acquisition and retention marketing budget
- Experience of local marketing is a plus
- Extremely well organized (including good project management skills) and high attention to detail
- Leadership skills - ability to lead teams of people from a variety of functional areas to reach common project goals
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively interact across business functions to deliver effective marketing programs
- Extremely curious and actively seeks to test, learn and iterate
Role Reports To: Director Performance Mktg, Paid Media
Top Skills/Must Haves:
- Strong direct paid media experience
- 5+ years of marketing experience – working on brand campaigns a must
- Ideally wants someone with agency experience and from the retail industry
- Must have experience managing direct reports – this position will oversee 2 individuals
- Person should be collaborative, positive and a team player
- High level of reporting and analytics skills (Excel a must)