Manager, Operational Excellence
This position is based at our Syracuse, New York location.
The primary function of the Continuous Manager will be to manage multi-product line manufacturing operations in order to meet or exceed safety, quality, delivery, cost and efficiency goals for the shift. They will develop shift supervisors and hourly employees through teaching, coaching, mentoring and leadership. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager.
Making what matters work at our company takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Achieve or exceed EBE assessment score/targets
- Achieve 5S deployment and foster culture
- Achieve or exceed cost out goals of the profit plan
- Lead the site leadership team to establish performance-based scorecard and goals
- Lead and facilitate Business Operation System (BOS) meetings and agenda to drive continuous improvement • Drive actions needed to document best practice, train and release procedures for key value creation processes and key support processes for all plant departments
- Implement visual factory, standard work, and best practice Development / execution of strategic plans for implementation of ELSS in facility based upon lean assessment.
- Conduct training needs assessment associated with ELS as required.
- Develop EBE/Lean/Six Sigma vision for the operations.
- Assist Plant Manager, Operations Managers Engineering, and Quality Managers and other Operational Excellence personnel in the development of procedures to maximize output, maintain or improve quality, and reduce overall cost.
- Train and mentor Senior Lean Coordinators.
- Develop and implement training plan plant wide
- Responsible for shift talent management, employee engagement and performance management – assessing current team members, identifying needs, selecting talent, and developing current employees to ensure “bench strength” and continued development and advancement of top talent within the organization; Provide coaching, motivation, and counseling to employees to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development.
- Ensure maintenance of records and reports on productivity, quality, and attendance across the shift.
- Monitor productivity to ensure that established shift quality and production levels are maintained or exceeded.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees, in collaboration with the EHS Manager; Drive and support behavioral based zero incident safety culture.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of operations experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and within the future.
- Prior people management experience.
- Experience using SAP
- Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement experience and/or certifications
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead in an integrated team environment.
- Excellent strategic planning and organizational skills.
- Financial and business acumen.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and engineering systems and processes.
- Good understanding and positive support of standard personnel policies and practices.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility, lead by example, provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change.
- Strong drive for results is essential, with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
- Must possess high ethical standards and ability to abide by our company’s values and philosophies.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)